No matter what home improvement/contractor service you offer, consider doing a video about you business for your website.
In this techno-transparent society we live in, it’s hard not to be seen or found by some online photo or have your name and address on some listing site. If you want to have some fun, type in your address in Google and see the map appear. Use the earth view window and zoom to see the camera’s eye view of your location. You might be surprised at what you find…
So all being said above, there is little you or I can do about it… So what in the hell does this have to do with video?
The point to all this is, you’re out there whether you like it or not. I’m not saying it’s right! In fact, I don’t care for a surveillance state. However, when it comes to business transparency and familiarity are important to your customers… especially when you may be entering their home.
The majority of us are not movie stars and have little experience in front of a camera. But there are ways you present yourself effectively and in a way that will be beneficial to your customers.
If they found you online, you should be in the place where they found you… meaning they should meet you before you come to their door. We have the technology to do this, so why not use it.
Remember, there are many scams out there and people have good reasons not to trust, even if you are who you say you are.
By presenting yourself in a brief home page video or on an about us page, the customer and you have many benefits.
- The client can see you, hear you and know who you are.
- The homeowner can get a feel for the kind of person you are to work with have a sense of familiarity with you.
- Note: (as silly as it sounds) There is a stigma with video – for some strange reason – it’s like being on TV. But this is good if you can present yourself as an expert in your field! It’s not hard! I can teach you some tips on tips and tricks videos... that was a hint for another post.
- You also show the customer you’re not hiding (and have nothing to hide) behind a fancy website.
- Your video can be posted and media platforms like YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook to get additional search optimization – this can be very helpful to get more business.
Contractor Videos I will produce! I will coach you through the process. Believe me, it will be worth your time and money.
Trust me on this one – Business owners, I’m pulling for you!
Thanks for reading!